For the differential identification of Candida species
|Description||Product Code||Volume equivalent (L)||Number of 20mL plates|
|Candida detection medium powder||1102||1.0||50|
Infections due to Candida species and other fungi have increased dramatically in recent years. Candida albicans is one of the most commonly isolated fungal pathogens in humans. All strains of Candida albicans grown on this agar produce unique deep pink/red spotted colonies within 24-48 hours of incubation at 37°C. Colonies of C. kefyr and C. produce uniformly pink colonies with all other species are white colonies
- Identifies albicans, C.kefyr, C.tropicalis and other species
- Rapid identification within 24h
- In an evaluation study, using 125 strains of Candida spp., the sensitivity of CDA was 100%.
- Superior to other commercially available Chromogenic Candida
- The colouration of the yeast colonies is distinctly different.
- Available as powder for plate preparation
All strains of C.albicans grown on the agar produce deep pink/red spots on the colonies at 37°C. C. kefyr and C. tropicalis produce pink colonies. All other species produce white colonies.
Reference. Cooke VM et al., (2002) a new chromogenic medium for the detection of candida species. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 68: 3622-3627.